Sunday, September 13, 2009

A pleasant surprise

JONESBORO, Ark. – I’ve been struggling for the past half-hour or more to get my Palm Treo 700p to work as a modem for my Mini 9.

It refused to connect a couple of days ago and I still can’t make it happen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Sprint software, tried disabling the Windows XP firewall and turning off the antivirus, all to no avail.

Since I’m at Barnes & Noble, I checked to see if my netbook can see the AT&T Wifi here, which has always been a pay system. Since I’m not going to be here long, I didn’t plan to buy a 2-hour chunk of time.

But I found, to my amazement, that the Wifi here is now free. FREE!

Way cool. Now I have Wifi access here, Hastings, Books-A-Million or in the mall food court.

But I still need to sort out my Sprint tethering issues.

No comments: