Saturday, September 26, 2009

A beer-and-pizza run in the del Sol

rayban delsol We were in a pizza mood last night, so I went to the Papa John’s Pizza web site and ordered a couple of large pizzas from the Papa John’s in Paragould.

Papa John’s drivers don’t deliver this far out, so I have to pick the pizza up. Happily, the drive time is about the same as the cooking time, so they’re always ready by the time I get there.

The skies had gone from overcast to a mix of clouds and sun and it felt like a good time to take the top off of my del Sol and enjoy the delsol pizza runwind in my face.

It occurred to me that I don’t use this ultracool feature of the del Sol – the removable hardtop – nearly enough. Yes, the blazing heat of Arkansas summers makes staying buttoned up with the air conditioning attractive, but there are days when it’s a crime not to stow the top and enjoy the sunshine and breezes.

Last evening was such a time and I enjoyed it so much that I extended the ride with a lap through the drive-up window at the county line liquor store for a half-case of Budweiser. After all, what’s pizza without beer?

No comments: