Saturday, September 05, 2009

I guess I could turn on the heated seat…

icy seat ALMA, Colo. – There was ice on my bike seat this morning, something I haven’t seen in a long time.

We drove over to Fairplay for breakfast at the Brown Burro where I had the obligatory huevos rancheros. The restaurant has a wall map that invites visitors to stick map pins in to mark their hometowns.

burro map Naturally, I put a pin roughly between Goobertown and Buck Snort to document my presence.

weathervane On the way back, we hit a couple of garage sales where Linda scored a 20x-60x spotting scope for $7 and Tim got a stand-alone DVD drive for $10.

I tried my level best to talk him into buying a cool old weathervane topped by a horse-drawn fire wagon, but to no avail.

We’re planning our next move, which will likely involve more garage sales. Since I’m on a tightly packed bike, that makes it unlikely that I’ll go on a big garage sale spending spree.

1 comment:

endthought said...

Oh man, wish I could have been there for the garage sales.

How does it feel to fall somewhere between Goobertown and Buck Snort?