Monday, September 28, 2009

Fire pit weather

firepit It’s fire pit weather again – clear and relatively cool – so we have a continuous fire going in an attempt to burn up as much of the aftermath of the January ice storm as possible.

I got it going Saturday morning with a little motor oil as an accelerant and Austin stoked it later in the day into a bonfire with flames leaping maybe eight feet into the air.

I stirred the coals to life yesterday morning and again this morning before I left to deliver a photo CD to the folks at ASU. Maybe Austin will throw more wood on before he leaves for work.

Indianapolis BMW Club friend Dom LoDuca was considering a visit this week and we hope he shows up. He’ll have near-perfect riding weather all week.

It looks like the good weather will continue through the weekend, which is good news for me since I plan to ride to the Return to Shiloh Rally near Savannah, Tenn.

No comments: