Thursday, May 21, 2015

Fun with electricity

chilling saturday afternoon

Hanging out under Rick Nelson’s canopy at the European Riders Rally on Saturday afternoon, Wayne Garrison introduced me to the miniscule but mighty TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) unit he carries with him on motorcycle trips.

tens unitHe let me try a 20-minute session on my right shoulder, placing the electrode pads in the same spots that my chiropractor does, and the results were impressive. The discomfort was gone and, since I could control the intensity of the current, I was able to step it up gradually to levels heretofore not experienced.

I found one just like Wayne’s on Ebay for $49.99 and five pairs of pads on Amazon.com for $10.99. Both orders arrived this morning and I just completed a 30-minute treatment on my shoulder with excellent results.

It comes with a manual and chart detailing Chinese acupressure points for pad placement that I may explore later.

But for now, I’m enjoying how good my shoulder feels.

tens unit

No comments: