Sunday, November 02, 2014

New Canon printer/copier/scanner/FAX

statesmanpics

This time last year, I was struggling along with an aging USB connected Epson printer.

canonMAXIFYNow, thanks to the Amazon Vine Program, I have a couple of wireless 3-in-1 machines that I can access from anywhere in the house with desktop, laptop, netbook and smartphone.

The most recent addition – a Canon Office Products MAXIFY MB2320 Wireless Home Office Inkjet Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax showed up on Wednesday. I lugged the 33 pound box up to the office and it sat on the floor until this afternoon when I cleared away the Epson and set up the Canon.

I tested the scanner feature with a set of nine 1966 Polaroid prints from my days as production manager and columnist for The Indiana Statesman, the student paper of Indiana State University. The 600 dpi scan looks pretty good and was brotherforwarded to the Photoshop software on my desktop computer, just like it was supposed to be.

The Canon machine has an MSRP of $200, while the Brother MFCJ6920DW Wireless Multifunction Inkjet Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax I got 13 months ago has an MSRP of $300. I plan to do some side-by-side comparisons for speed and quality before I write a review for Amazon.com of the Canon unit.

The Canon makes pretty good color prints. I haven’t been able to make a color print with the Brother, but I haven’t worked very hard at it, either.

No comments: