Friday, May 24, 2013

On the threshold of another Memorial Day Weekend

panera wifiI was going to mow the lawn this afternoon, but I couldn’t resist the temptation to toss my netbook into a saddlebag and ride my K1200GT down to Panera for some coffee and wifi.

It’s hard to believe that Memorial Day Weekend is upon us already. As usual, we have no plans other than to help Morgan prepare to move her stuff from our house to her new home.

She’s been with us since October and it will feel strange to have so much space available again, but we’ll find a way to cope.

My Indianapolis BMW Club compadre Rich Nathan is in Los Angeles this weekend, having ridden his R1100RS out to attend his daughter’s wedding. He invited me to ride along, but I had to pass because I have my own West Coast ride planned for July.

Rich left last weekend, spent Monday night with our friends the Baloughs in Alma, Colo., and checked in on Facebook yesterday morning while breakfasting at the Mad Greek Cafe in Baker, Calif. on the edge of the Mojave Desert. I’m envious, but I’ll get my turn.

No comments: