Monday, May 20, 2013

In the mail this morning

pt plates&saucers

Here are three Wallace China Co. Westward Ho Pioneer Trails dinner plates and three saucers in the same pattern that arrived this morning from Las Vegas.

I bought them a week or so ago in two separate Ebay auctions from the same vendor. After a little back-and-forth discussion, he agreed to combine the purchases to save on shipping, which still came to $27 and change, plus insurance.

They were packed with a bizarre jumble of bubble pack, FedEx mailers and medical adhesive tape. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen adhesive tape used for packing. WTF? Maybe the guy works in a hospital.

Anyway, this gives me a set of four Pioneer Trails dinner plates and saucers for my two recently acquired Pioneer Trails coffee cups.

We’re expecting lots of company over the Independence Day holiday, so I expect my cowboy china collection will get some use.

No comments: