Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I hate being taken advantage of

I am very angry this morning because we are getting jerked around by the fuck_shittenant in our Indiana house.

I got a text message from the tenant on Friday, Oct. 5, informing me that he planned to mail the rent check, plus the $75 late fee, on Friday, Oct. 12. (The rent was due Oct. 1 and the late fee kicks in if it is more than 5 days late.)

As of this morning’s mail, I had not seen a rent check from him. Then he called at 10:18 a.m. to assure me that he put the check, plus the late fee, into the mail this morning. Maria and I picked up separate phones simultaneously to answer the call.

“You said you were going to mail it Friday. Why didn’t you?” I asked, my head exploding.

“We got really busy and we had soccer practice all weekend…” he offered.

Barely able to control my rage at being jerked around and played, I said through chenched teeth, “We really would like you to take this a bit more seriously. Maria, please handle this.” And I hung up.

Maria, however, had already hung up, so we left him hanging in the ozone.

Paying at mid-month pretty much guarantees that his cash flow will be compromised to the point where paying the November rent on time will be impossible.

It may be time to start looking for a new tenant.

No comments: