Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Well, it’s a start…

acwspassportstamps

Two down, 21 to go.

I took a little 150-mile ride today and collected the first two stamps in my Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Passport.

The Battle of Chalk Bluff near Piggott was a minor engagement. The passport is kinda vague about the Pocahontas River Walk connection, saying only that the River Walk “commemorates many Civil War activities that occurred in the region.” Whatever. I rode to the Randolph County Heritage Museum on the Pocahontas courthouse square and got my passport stamped, then rode home amid blustery 20 mph winds from the south all the way from Walnut Ridge to Paragould.

About 2 miles south of the Paragould McDonald’s, I spied a red Coca-Cola route driver’s money bag in one of the southbound lanes. I know what they look like because Maria and I found one last year in the local mall.

I chose not to get involved this time.

No comments: