Thursday, March 08, 2012

Free at last, free at last

skinit My onerous writing assignments are off my plate, mostly through my efforts to pull together the needed information and one – the bank – because nobody returned my calls in time to make the deadline. Whatever.

This means I have my life back for awhile and I’m celebrating with a four-egg soufflé, coffee and Wifi at Panera Bread. This is also the debut appearance of the custom skin for my Dell Inspiron Mini 9 netbook. It’s an HDR image of my 2003 BMW K1200GT made into a netbook skin by Skinit.com. It has an optional cutout in the middle if I want the Dell logo to show through. I don’t, but it was useful to temporarily remove the cutout so I could center the skin on the logo.

If I had my druthers, this would be the day I’d leave to ride to Daytona for Bike Week. I write that with some reservation as I gaze out the window and see the parking lot awash in a heavy downpour. Beginning a trip in a rainsuit is not my idea of a good time. But it doesn’t matter because Bike Week is off my calendar this year because Maria needs me here next week. There will be other Bike Weeks.

No comments: