Monday, March 12, 2012

Done. And this time I mean it.

164337Okay, now all of the special project stories are off of my plate.

The final story turned out to be the biggest PR clusterfuck I can remember in all of my years in newspapering. I won’t bore you with the details, but it took all of my diplomatic skills.

Now, maybe I can turn my attention to more important things like riding motorcycles and playing with Aussies. And maybe mowing the lawn for the first time this year.

I got a call from my cousin in Nashville Sunday evening. He retired a few weeks ago and wants to make good on our longstanding plan to ride bikes together. With some luck and planning, we should be able to make that happen this year.

Our friend Jim Shillings was scheduled to fly out of Cairo around 2 p.m. CDT, so he should be well out of Egyptian airspace now and in a relatively safe and secure place. Here’s hoping that’s the last time he gets sent to such a scary place.

No comments: