Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Wifi Chronicles (continued)

april16mall I’m back at the Mall at Turtle Creek on their free Wifi, but I feel like going home and taking a nap after a generous lunch at the best Italian restaurant in town.

I noticed the “Wifi is down” sign is still on the door at Hastings’s Hardback Cafe today. I finally got a response on Tuesday to my two emails and a phone complaint about the protracted (more than a month) outage:

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes you.  I have contacted our helpdesk team and they have been working to get this back up and running as soon as possible.   We have been working towards a more stable WiFi environment for all of our Hastings stores/cafe's.  We have been testing a new solution in a couple of other locations and are very close  to getting this resolved so we can get the WiFi up and running again for our customers.   Our plan is to send the new equipment needed to resolve this issue in the Jonesboro location in the next week or so.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we hope to have this resolved soon.
Thank you,

Customer Service
877-427-8464

So we should expect to see Wifi restored here in the next week. Or so.

Whatever. The food court in the mall is starting to grow on me – something I probably never would have checked out if Hastings had kept their Wifi up and running.

No comments: