Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Topix.com

The local TV station had an editorial this morning about kids bullying each other on the Topix.com website.

My wife offered that this is a big problem in some schools. I had to admit, I’ve never been to the site.

So I just checked it out. I went to the local city page and read comments about a current news story I happen to know a few things about. With a few exceptions, it’s just Morons on Parade – a bunch of uninformed dimwits with very limited reading comprehension, most of whom have failed to grasp the central issues of the story and are focusing on irrelevant details and insulting each other.

I won’t go into the issue in question, but it only took me a few seconds to conclude that Topix.com is a forum for the ignorant and a complete waste of time.

No comments: