Friday, March 13, 2009

Indianapolis Star employees to take a 15% pay cut

Another reason why I’m glad I quit/retired in October’ 2000. This announcement went out to employees at The Indianapolis Star yesterday:

The Indianapolis News Guild is sad to inform you that Gannett is now
seeking to cut the pay of newsroom and building services employees by 15 percent. The lawyer for the company provided us with a one-page 'supplemental' proposal this afternoon that he said would implement this uniform salary reduction either 1) at the time we reach a new contract with the company, or 2) at the time both sides reach an impasse and cease talks.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah I'm waiting for that to happen to us. I would lose my horse and probably my house. I love Gannett.

The Oracle said...

Well, we have to look out for the interests of the stockholders, you know...
Goddamn bean counters.