Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Fine dining in Gulfport, Miss.

A big bowl of chili and a piece of pecan pie, washed down with water and coffee.
I was worn out from cold and traffic when I dropped my sidestand at the Gulfport Motel 6, so I chose to walk to the nearby Waffle House rather than gear up and ride to dinner.
I did about 500 miles today, most of them clenched against the cold despite my heated jacket liner, gloves, handgrips and seat.
I was able to relax in relative warmth around Hammond, La., but the temperature started to drop as the sun set. I stopped at a rest area just east of the Louisiana-Mississippi line and used my GPS to find a motel a short distance ahead.
The forecast is for an overnight low here of 36, so it'll be another chilly start tomorrow. It doesn't look like Florida will warm up as fast as I'd hoped and camping tomorrow night could be brisk. I'm glad I brought a substantial sleeping bag.

No comments: