Monday, March 23, 2009

Gun control

laser

My definition of gun control is being able to hit your target.

And my gun control in low-light situations improved dramatically today when the UPS delivery guy dropped off my new set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips for my Colt Combat Commander .45.

I’d never removed the original Colt rubber grips and got a surprise when I found the two screws on the right side were secured to the soon-to-be jettisoned grip with a couple of bushings because the screw holes on the right side are larger than the two on the left.

This sent me scurrying into town for a set of replacement screws and bushings, which I finally found at Al’s Lock & Key for about $10.

Once I had those, everything fell into place and the process of changing grips went back to being as easy and as simple as I had originally expected.

A little tweaking with the tiny Allen wrenches for windage and elevation and the little red dot is exactly where the iron sights say the bullets will arrive.