Thursday, March 05, 2009

Chilling at the campground

I'm back at the campground after a low-key Bike Week morning that ended with a Home Depot purchase of 250 feet of flourescent green masonry twine. I needed about 5 feet of it to attach to a sidestand pad that I use to keep my pointy sidestand from plunging into loose soil and sand. Now I can reel it in from the saddle and stash it in my tankbag.
While chatting with Memphis BMW friend Tim at his BBQ stand, I noticed a couple on Harleys. The woman, wearing one of those toy plastic German helmets, had stalled her engine. Apparently, her electric starter wasn't working, and she was trying to kick-start it.
In flip-flops.
Her Mensa-member husband/boyfriend finally got off of his bike and started it for her and they rode off exhibiting a degree of confidence that probably far overreached their skill level.
Whatever.
It's pretty laborious typing this with my thumbs on my Treo 700p smartphone.
I saw a guy in here last night using the free Wifi with his Acer 9" mini laptop and was immediately overcome with mini envy.
Just wait until my bright red Dell Inspiron Mini 9 arrives. Then my thumbs can retire to the space bar at the bottom of the keyboard.
I think I'll go back to Flagler Beach this afternoon for some ice cream and to stare at the ocean.

No comments: