Thursday, March 19, 2009

In the post office parking lot

uspsmower Yes, a guy actually rode his lawn tractor to the post office this afternoon. I was getting ready to back out of my parking space when I noticed him in my rear view mirror, creeping past the back of the Subaru.

Lucky for him that I looked.

And yes, the Subaru is back.

BMW friend Charlie gave me a lift to the Subaru dealership in Memphis this morning. The Forester seems very happy with the new head gasket and the air conditioning is working great now.

Charlie mentioned that Sportsman's Warehouse is going out of business, so we went to see if there were any bargains. There weren't.

The place is festooned with signs saying that all merchandise is reduced "up to 30%" but mostly stuff is just marked down 10% which is hardly a deal. Also, guns and ammo are not on sale. Of course they aren't, considering the run on guns and ammo since election day.

We adjourned to Bosco's for lunch and then headed home.

2 comments:

Lauri Shillings said...

Sportsman warehouse in Lafayette is also closing. The whole chain must be going out, rather than select locations.

The Oracle said...

Yeah, that was my understanding too.
Too bad. I kinda liked their clothing and shoes.