Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wine

FranziaClassBurgundy5LTR

I'm working on a 5 liter box of cheap red wine and keeping the TV turned off.

It's the best thing I could think of to keep my blood pressure within safe parameters.

We've been measuring the wall space in the upstairs office and debating what kind of bookcases to buy while Office Depot has them on sale through March 7. Most of our books are still in boxes in the garage and I'd like access to some of them.

We'll probably put one or more bookcases in the guest bedroom while we're at it.

Also on the agenda, now that the tax refunds are rolling in, is the long-postponed (nearly 2 years) new head gasket for the Subaru Forester. It's been burning oil and - even worse - coolant to the point where it always smells like it's about to burst into flames.

Of course the nearest Subaru dealer is in Memphis and they'll have to keep the car 2-3 days, so it's going to be a complicated exercise once I get back from Daytona.

No comments: