Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What I like about the Mid-South

I'm sitting on a bench, sipping gourmet coffee outside Hastings and blogging from my phone in lovely 67-degree sunshine - in the middle of freaking February!
I rode my bike this morning, mailing a CD and our state income tax paperwork, then down into town to return a rented DVD.
I heard yesterday that residents of some debt-ridden states are getting IOUs instead of tax refunds this year. Maria tells me that can't happen here because the Arkansas state constitution forbids state government from spending more than it takes in. What a concept!
So my federal taxes go to bail out states like California that spend twice what they take in.
Whatever.
I'm just enjoying not shivering in 45-degree cold in Indiana and looking forward to lunch at a new barbecue restaurant.

No comments: