Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tuesday's best

statue of liberty

A woman dressed as the Statue of Liberty waving to evening rush hour traffic in front of Liberty Income Tax Service.

She's a tax preparer, but she's playing Miss Liberty this week because most people haven't received their W-2s and business is slow.

And...

jhs bb Jonesboro High School vs. Marion. I don't know who won because I had to leave at halftime to get my work done. Shooting sports with flash is a whole different thing from shooting available light. In this case, I had to set my D-200 on shutter priority at a 250th of a second and f/2.8 to get the shutter speed I needed to stop the action. Fortunately, the SB-800 speedlight synchs with the D-200 up to a 250th.

jhsshootaround

And then there's this one. A bunch of young boys hanging out under the goal at the pre-game shootaround, waiting for a stray ball to toss back and openly admiring their high school sports heroes. Do they realize it will be them out there on that hardwood floor in a few short years?

No comments: