Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Everybody say, "Awwwwwwwww."


National Guardsman Ralph Eric Tanner of Hayti, Mo., kisses his infant daughter as he prepares to leave for Camp Shelby, Miss., on Monday morning. Tanner and his wife, Sonya, recently adopted the 11-day-old girl.
Here's my contribution to the front page this morning.
Today's photos will likely be weather-related. By mid-morning, there were already several tornado sightings west of here and it looks like things could get ugly here in Northeast Arkansas before the day is over. Good thing I have my Gore-Tex jacket in the car.
(BTW, the soldier's home town is pronounced HAY-Tie. Ask me about Blytheville sometime.)

2 comments:

Lauri Shillings said...

Awwww. These are the type of photos that I miss in my hometown newspaper!!!!

The Oracle said...

Maybe you need a new hometown...