Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The perfect gift

Driving home from Indiana yesterday afternoon, I rolled in to Boomland about 5 p.m.

I topped off the Subaru's gas tank for the last 100-mile run to our house and went inside to look for an insulated coffee mug - you can never have enough Boomland coffee go-cups.

And I noticed they were blowing out their stock of Big Mouth Billy billybassBass - one of the tackiest novelty items ever created - for a mere $4.99 per copy. Well, only a fool would pass up a terrific deal like that, so I bought one as a surprise gift for Maria.

"I would have paid $4.99 not to have that thing in the house," was how she demonstrated how wildly excited and grateful she was for this fabulous gift.

So, I guess we won't hang it in the living room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha I bought one of these for my husband and I got the same reaction and I think he threw it out cuz I CANT FIND IT. *chuckle*

I sure have enjoyed reading your blog lately. I think you are energized with this move/job/new situation. Kudos on the great move and Marias great career path. Also your photography is just wonderful, thank you for sharing it.
-Pixiely(I couldnt log into my site "you've been pixied", eblogger wont let me in anymore, I'm going to have to open a new one I guess)

Anonymous said...

PS
I wrote to you in email with a link to the family website with new pics of my son in case you'd like to see (I dont know if you remember but he was the one with the cleft lip and palate also) but it bounced back to me. I guess you've changed email clients?

Its: http://hoghoughi.homestead.com/
Please delete this post as soon as you read it.
All the best,
Pixielyn