Monday, January 14, 2008

Another great Western


We watched "3:10 to Yuma" last night and I'm happy to say the Western genre of film is still alive and well.
The 2007 film is a remake of a 1957 movie and stars Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. We don't have our home theatre sound system hooked up yet in our new house, so I can't make an informed comparison between this movie's soundtrack and that of Open Range, which I think has the best shootout - acoustically, especially - that I've ever seen in a movie. The one in 3:10 to Yuma may be even better in Dolby 5.1 surround sound with the volume cranked up.
But soundtrack aside, it's an extremely well-crafted intelligent movie and it's a delight to see Peter Fonda in great supporting role.
I give it five stars. See what you think.

No comments: