Friday, June 17, 2016

Off they go to the repair shop


My fabulous $500 Bang & Olufsen H8 Bluetooth headphones are on their way to the repair shop in Arlington Heights, Ill. The Bluetooth pairing crapped out a couple of weeks ago and I finally completed the repair order form online with the patient help of a B&O customer service rep. The hangup was that the system didn't recognize the serial number, probably because it was a pre-release example that I got through the Amazon Vine Program. We finally came up with a workaround and generated a repair order that went off this afternoon via heavily insured Priority Mail.

This will give me an opportunity to amend my review with some observations about B&O's customer service.

In the meantime, I'll just have to make do with my Parrot ZIK Bluetooth headphones, which are pretty damned good in their own right, but not quite up to the Bang & Olufsen quality and comfort.

I made a morning run into town today to pick up a couple of prescriptions from the Sam's Club pharmacy. The temperature was in the mid-80s and I was pleasantly comfortable in my FirstGear MeshTex pants and jacket. I think it's the first time I've worn the MeshTex pants since July, 2012, when they helped me survive the blazing heat of the BMW MOA Rally in Sedalia, Mo. I'd forgotten how well they work - it was like riding in shorts and a t-shirt, but with the security of CE armor in all the right places.

I upgraded my HJC flip-face helmet yesterday with the arrival of a set of new visor base plates. Now the visor ratchets like new. I like HJC helmets because it's so easy to remove the visor to clean both sides.

No comments: