Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday rant


This is one of those days when I almost wish I was like some folks I know - blissfully self-absorbed and oblivious to world events.

Or maybe so naive as to believe that things are going just fine in this country and that our elected and appointed officials know what is best for us.

Life is so much simpler for those folks. They are puzzled by the things we, who are actually paying attention say and believe.

How idyllic it would be to believe we can get rid of guns and we can "coexist" with adherents to a Satanic cult who are hell-bent on murdering every last one of us. (I was shocked into silence recently when I saw a "Coexist" sticker on the motorcycle side case of an acquaintance's bike.) How nice it would be to think the government can solve all of my problems and provide for all of my wants and needs and make everything free.

The problem is that I've been paying attention for too long and think everyone has a civic duty to understand the issues of the day in the light of the U.S. Constitution.

I could go on, but I'd rather sit quietly with my dogs. They truly are enlightened beings who have mastered the art of living in the moment.

No comments: