Friday, September 18, 2015

Calamity averted

ios-9-download

About 24 hours after I updated my iPhone 5 with iOS9, I grabbed my phone to photograph a couple of Amazon purchases that arrived today for Morgan.

But it would not turn on. And it would not reboot. And it would not connect with iTunes to do a restore.

I jumped to the conclusion that some fatal flaw in the new operating system had turned my phone into a brick.

I went online and asked my Facebook friends and members of the Apple Forum for advice. None was forthcoming.

Finally, out of desperation, I held down the home button and power button simultaneously for a minute or more. Presently the white Apple logo appeared on the black screen, signifying a reboot was underway.

It was a very long reboot – a couple of minutes that seemed like hours – and then my familiar startup screen lit up.

Now, I’m feeling a bit sheepish for freaking out and decided my phone was hosed.

No comments: