Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Just another Lost Angel

lost angelMaria bought a few bottles of wine the last time we were at our favorite liquor store just over the state line in Missouri.

I opened one of the two bottles of cabernet sauvignon last night, mostly to test the wine bottle pour spout I got from the Amazon Vine Program, but I didn’t pay any attention to the name on the label.

When my eyes fell upon it this morning, I immediately thought of the Doors album “L.A. Woman” and its title song:

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows
Are you a lucky little lady in The City of Light
Or just another lost angel...City of Night
City of Night, City of Night, City of Night

A Doors tribute winery? There’s nothing on their web site to suggest it, but I like to think this company name exists because of Jim Morrison.

No comments: