Friday, December 12, 2014

Charging

chargers

I ordered a couple of cell phone auxiliary battery chargers from Boardwalkbuy.com a few weeks ago and they arrived in today’s mail.

They’re about the size and shape of a roll of dimes and cost $4.99 each, so we haven’t lost much if they turn out to be useless.

I have them charging from a USB hub on my rat’s nest of a desk and assume the red light will change color when charging is complete. They were made in China and came without instructions. The hype claims they were originally $49.99 each and that one of them can give you an extra 40 hours of cell phone talk time.

We shall see.

The solar panel powered charging device that came with my Nelson-Rigg motorcycle tank bag impounded enough of the sun’s energy to fully recharge two iPhones at the BMW MOA rally last July, so I remain guardedly optimistic.

No comments: