Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Birthday, Steve

beulah83c

My son Steve is 43 today. Here we are in the summer of 1983 when he was 12, dodging a Lake Michigan wave on the pier at Frankfort, Mich. I was only 38 then – significantly younger than Steve is today.

Steve has grown into an exemplary man – good husband, doting father, and world-class musician. (One of his friends opined that he is the best jazz bass player in Las Vegas and I have no reason to doubt it.)

Considering that I had all the parenting skills of Homer Simpson, I see both of my sons as miracles and a continual source of pride.

1 comment:

espnsportstv said...

Happy Birthday! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!