Sunday, October 13, 2013

Falling Leaf in my mirrors

potosi

This is the campground at the Falling Leaf Rally in Potosi, Mo. about 8 a.m. today.

By the time I left some 90 minutes later there were maybe 3 or 4 tents left. It always amazes me how quickly a “village” like this of some 671 people (the official registration total) can vanish with the rising of the Sunday sun.

potosipinI covered the 175 miles to home easily, stopping for gas south of Poplar Bluff, Mo., and rolling into my garage precisely at 1 p.m.

The temperature got down to about 45 this morning and I spent a very uncomfortable night in a nearly 40-year-old North Face down sleeping bag that was not up to the challenge of the cold. I misjudged the weather forecast and should have packed by bulky Browning bag that kept me comfortable through chilly nights earlier this year at Daytona. How quickly we forget the lessons of the past.

I dined last evening with Nate and Kelly Cash at Dos Primos Mexican restaurant. I was pleased to find enchiladas Suizas on the menu, but it failed to live up to my expectations.

At least it didn’t keep me up with heartburn.

No comments: