Friday, June 29, 2012

Hot day, cool gas price

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My car thermometer was reading 102° at 12:51 p.m. Now, two hours later, the temperature is up to 104°. Good day to stay in the air conditioning. The dogs seem happy to be inside.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI had to drive to Walnut Ridge this morning to retrieve a couple of Maria’s quilts from a consignment shop because we need to photograph them. Ordinarily I would go by motorcycle, but I wasn’t in the mood to sweat.

I found myself behind this pickup truck-trailer rig hauling a hobby horse, a 286gasbarbecue smoker and a guy. I think there may be a law against a passenger riding in a trailer like this, but nobody seemed to care.

The big surprise came when I got back to Jonesboro and topped off my gas tank at Sam’s Club.

Regular gas was selling for $2.86 a gallon. I haven’t seen gas that cheap in a long time. And I thought I was getting a great deal six days ago when I paid $2.97 a gallon. That explains the why the Sam’s Club pumps were swamped with customers.

ArkansasGasPrices.com says the Jonesboro Sam’s Club has the cheapest gas in the whole freaking state!

But then I’m old enough to remember when gas was 33 cents a gallon and had lead in it.

No comments: