Friday, June 01, 2012

ABS warning light problem solved–I think

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here’s my GT undergoing a 6,000 km service at the hands of Grass Roots BMW Motorcycles technician Mike Gurnow.

Mike opined that my ABS warning light problem is a consequence of rear brake pad wear which drops the level of brake fluid in the rear brake reservoir and triggers the ABS warning light sensor. Makes sense to me. We’ll find out tomorrow morning if the problem is solved when I give the bike a cold start and ride to the post office.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe lights continued to flash for the entire duration of the 150-mile ride up to Cape Girardeau the morning. I suspect the cool temperatures were a factor.

He also determined the engine oil level sight glass just needed cleaning, not replacement.

I was out and on my way by 11:50 a.m., so I rode over to the White Castle on I-55 for lunch. It’s the closest White Castle to our house and a lunch there is almost like going home to Indiana. Almost.

I had five cheeseburgers and a medium Diet Coke. I think it was the Diet Coke that gave me heartburn for the rest of the afternoon.

I arrived at home at 2:47 p.m.

No comments: