Saturday, February 18, 2012

I like Nicholas Cage, but the new Ghost Rider movie is lame

ghostrider2

“Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance” opened yesterday, so Maria and I took it in at the local Malco Theatre last night.

I loved the first Ghost Rider movie because it had some delightful surprises, like Peter Fonda – a permanent motorcycle icon for his 1969 biker classic “Easy Rider” – playing the Devil, and the venerable Sam Elliott playing a gravedigger who turns out to be Nicholas Cage’s predecessor as an earlier Ghost Rider.

Fonda and Elliott are absent from this sequel and the story line is thin and hardly credible. The acting it spare and the film relies too much on frenzied action and 3D special effects.

I had high hopes for this flick, but found myself bored and disappointed.

No comments: