Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Too good to be true? We’ll see

hemp

A friend who has a dog with health problems visited over the weekend and was lamenting the fact that drug laws make it illegal to make healing oil from the marijuana plant.

I did some online research and found there are several quite legal purveyors of hemp oil, which is expressed from the seeds of the non-psychoactive hemp plant.

The brand that caught my eye is Nutiva, which has a 4½ out of 5-star rating from Amazon.com customers and tons of impressive reviews. Here are some examples:

    • I am already feeling the benefits as I have colon cancer, and the Hemp oil has helped regulate my system and kept my energy levels up.
    • I've been able to drastically diminish the affects of my asthma. I was using 4 puffs a day on my inhalers and now my down to a couple of puffs a week. Omega 3s decrease inflammation, which is the source of many of the health problems we have today from asthma, arthritis, and even depression.
    • I bought this product because my fiancée has irritable bowel syndrome and always has painful bowel movements accompanied with nausea. After using this for a week I saw instant results! He is feeling so much better and looks healthier! This is better than any of the medicines that were prescribed.
    • Stuff cures many things. Unlike other reviewers, we find the taste DISGUSTING - tastes like you would expect grass clippings to taste, flying out of your lawn mower. But that does not matter. One daughter caught foliculitis. Hemp oil cured it. (Applied externally, and taken internally.) One son caught a nasty MRSA staph infection at the local school gym. Doc put him on antibiotics, which ultimately failed to cure the problem. After that, we tried hemp oil, and it worked - quickly. (Again - internal and external applications, several times a day.) Experience seems to be that we all need more oil, not less, as long as it is good oil, like this.
    • I suffer from Rosacea, which for me, is basically a bumpy rash on my face that burns and itches simultaneously (and looks hideous). I heard that Hemp Oil could help, and for the price was willing to try anything. What I found was astonishing! It was instantly soothing and much of the rash cleared up overnight. It's also a light, non-greasy moisturizer that doesn't make the rest of my skin break out. I have spent hundreds of dollars on prescriptions that did nothing but make my face burn and itch more and in months could not do what this stuff did in days. My rosacea is not completely gone. I still have flare ups, but it is under the best control it has ever been. I am not a doctor and have no idea why this works, but in my opinion its a miracle. Plus, it makes a darned tasty salad dressing too. What other product can do that?
    • I take a daily tea spoon of hemp oil and let me tell you, this thing killed my toe nail fungus in about 3 weeks and also cured my light arthritis on my hands. I know this hemp oil has trace amounts of THC and I'm sure that's what helped me with my ailments. I would highly recommend this product and i will order again.

So I ordered a 24 ounce bottle for $12.10 (free 2-day shipping with my Amazon Prime Account) on Sunday afternoon and the UPS guy brought it to our house late yesterday.

Some people like the taste and some hate it. I’m somewhere in between and, by no means, consider the taste to be a deal-breaker. I slurped down a tablespoon of hemp oil last night and again this morning.

My digestive tract has been unhappy ever since I got food poisoning at a local restaurant, so I’m looking for improvements in that area.

Time, as they say, will tell.

No comments: