Saturday, April 30, 2011

Scaling the learning curve

corel videostudio

I took Maria’s K75S out for a ride on Crowley’s Ridge yesterday afternoon and shot about 40 minutes of video, mounting the camera in seven different ways to get shots through the windscreen, along the starboard side and of me from various perspectives.

Then I pulled the resulting seven video clips into Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 and started exploring and learning. By 7 p.m., I had cobbled together a passable ride video, burned it to a DVD and viewed it on the big 42” flat screen. It’s rough, but I love the color fidelity and resolution.

The learning process is coming along nicely and I’m already at a point where I could scrap the editing I’ve done so far and create a better version in maybe one-third of the time.3D

I’ll post a video here in a day or two when I’m a bit farther along.

The software presumably can make 3D videos and came with a pair of 3D glasses. I’m weeks away from even thinking of playing with that feature, but the glasses look bizarrely cool.

In the meantime, I’m running up to Grass Roots BMW Motorcycles in Cape Girardeau, Mo. this morning with Charlie Parsons to haul his wife’s bike up and retrieve my bike with its new fuel pump. I’m taking my riding gear out of sheer optimism, but the forecast is for high winds starting at noon and rain starting around 3 p.m., so my K1200GT will most likely come home on the trailer.

No comments: