Friday, April 29, 2011

The learning curve looks pretty steep from here at the bottom

videostudiopro x4

I got my Amazon Vine Program review copy of Corel’s VideoStudio Pro X4 this morning and installed it.

Now I’m staring at it, overwhelmed. This is serious, powerful software.

It’s my second encounter with Corel software, the first being CorelDraw several years ago. I never could get my brain around CorelDraw because of what I considered overly complex controls.

VideoStudio Pro X4 looks a bit more intuitive, but I can see right now that I’m going to have to spend a lot of time with the User Guide before I can produce anything worth looking at.

What the hell, it’s supposed to retail for $99.99 and I got it free. The least I can do is play with it and review it from the perspective of a rank rookie stepping up from Windows Live Movie Maker.

No comments: