Thursday, April 07, 2011

How do I clean it?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I bought this Fieldsheer jacket at the BMWMOA rally in July 2009. This photo was shot a month later as I set off on a three-week ride to MotoGP in Indianapolis and then the Colorado Rocky Mountains.

Notice how clean it is.

Now, after nearly two years and 10,000 miles, it’s not so clean. It has picked up dirt in several places, most noticeably where my torso contacts the back of the Marsee tank bag.

So I decided to pull the CE armor out of the elbows, shoulders and back and toss it into the washing machine.

But first, I checked the care tag inside. And to my utter amazement, I discover I can wash the liner but not the outer garment. WTF?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Somehow I don’t think gently sponging the outer garment with a non-biological detergent is going to work very well.

No comments: