Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mittwoch stuff (that’s Wednesday in German, you know)

bike seattle grind JONESBORO, Ark. - I’m having a late afternoon coffee after riding into town to do some banking. I thought about letting the banking stuff slide. Then I remembered tomorrow is Veterans Day and I think my bank is closed. So here I am.

It feels like a gift to be able to ride in 73-degree weather on the 10th of November. I would have headed out earlier, but I realized it’s been a few weeks since my last ride, so I let the bike sip on electricity from the trickle charger through the morning and mid-afternoon. I also noticed I need to reset the bike’s clock to reflect the end of Daylight Saving Time.

I still haven’t retrieved Maria’s bike from Grass Roots BMW in Cape Girardeau where it’s been since early October. We’re waiting for word that Charlie’s two bikes are finished so we can retrieve all three at once. Weather permitting, Charlie will ride a friend’s charging system-impaired sidecar rig and I’ll drive the SUV with trailer on the trip up and he’ll ride his sidecar rig on the return trip. I’d ride Maria’s bike, but I recall that the tires are eight years old and I’m reluctant to subject them to prolonged Interstate speeds. It’ll be good to have both bikes back in the garage again.

No comments: