Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Morning errands

bam oct 7

JONESBORO, Ark. – I’m having my morning coffee at Books-A-Million in the midst of a flurry of errand-running.

I forwarded a stack of mail, probably mostly junk, to Morgan in Arizona, returned a couple of rented movies on DVD, and am about to go next door to Kroger for some coffee, Kefir, milk, etc.

Our Indianapolis BMW Club friend Dominick presumably left home at 6 a.m. our time, heading this way. Assuming he’s making reasonable time, he should be somewhere in south central Illinois by now and could arrive at our house as early as 1 p.m. I’ve cleared space in the garage for his bike, a BMW R1100GS. I also repacked my now-dry tent and put my now-dry BMW Gore-Tex lined gloves back into my tank bag.

Dom has excellent weather for his ride this morning, but the forecast still shows the weather turning to shit tomorrow and Friday. If we have to ride to Potosi in rain Friday, I just hope it clears out by the time we arrive. I really really really don’t want to pitch a tent in the rain.

No comments: