Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Missions accomplished

capebikes

Charlie and I hauled bikes up to Grass Roots BMW Motorcycles today, got them fixed and returned home about 5 p.m.

I got a diagnosis on my K75S steering head bearing issue – it will need attention in a year or two and will cost about $550 – and got fixes on my speedometer cable wonky connection and non-functioning accessory plug. Cost: $142 and change.

Deb’s GS got its electrical wiring problem sorted out.

capemeI spent a couple of hours hanging out at the dealership among a wide range of new BMW models and didn’t see anything that really lit me up. I like the technology on the new GTs, but don’t like their bulky look.

Turned out that Charlie had an electric fence charger that he no longer needs, so I rode down to his house and picked it up.

I connected it and Maria reported Jack had a shocking encounter about an hour later, so we know it works and we have the electric wire properly installed.

Multiple problems solved at minimal expense, so it was a good day.

No comments: