Monday, March 17, 2014

Random Monday stuff

fox sez I didn’t blog yesterday because I was uninspired and felt kind of crappy – took a three-hour nap in the middle of the day.

Morgan and Ben came over last night for dinner an euchre and a good time was had by all. She got a good boost of self-confidence last week at a library conference in Indianapolis, in addition to visiting with her grandparents and brother and cousin. Looking at her photos kinda made us homesick for Indiana.

Apropos of nothing, I am inordinately please with myself for finally flushing the calcium deposits from our two water heaters. I suspected sediment build-up was compromising their efficiency and I was pretty sure the original owner of the house never flushed them in the two years he and his family lived here, so there was about an eight-year accumulation of calcium and other sediments to be blown out.

It was very easy: just cut the power at the breaker box, connect a garden hose to the spigot at the base of the water heater and open the spigot (with the other end of the hose outside, of course). About 10 minutes of flushing did the trick and now both water heaters are producing significantly hotter water on the same settings as before.

I just finished knocking out four product reviews for the Amazon Vine Program, so my plate is clear for new review items this Thursday.

And, yes, I know today is St. Patrick’s Day. I just don’t care.

No comments: