Tuesday, March 04, 2014

20 years ago at Bike Week

bradshaws94

Twenty years ago, I rode from my home in Carmel, Ind. to my second Daytona Beach Bike Week.

It was before I acquired heated electric gear, so I braved frigid northern winds in a snowmobile suit I bought at the ‘93 Bike Week vendor extravaganza at the Daytona Motor Speedway.

I camped at the Space Coast BMW Club enclave at Bulow Campground, some 15 miles northwest of Daytona Beach, and was delighted to find two of the Bradshaw brothers with whom I had grown up in Delphi, Ind.

On the left is Jim “Bo” Bradshaw, who was living in Atlanta, Ga., and the time, his brother Dick, who was running the family business – Delphi Body Works – and, of course, me. I was living in an apartment in Carmel, Ind. at the time.

The Bradshaw house was a block south of the Flora house in the east end of Delphi. Dick is two years older than I and Jim is a year younger. I hope they are well and happy.

No comments: