Monday, September 16, 2013

Terra incognita

Now that we have a break in the weather and it’s more comfortable to work outside, I was able to do some overdue service on our John Deere LA125 lawn tractor.

I was pleased that my oil filter wrench was exactly where I thought it was and that I had a pair or latex mechanic’s gloves remaining.

I decided to do the work because we never got the mower into the local dealership for service last spring and it was long overdue for attention.

Of course, I may have mowed for the last time this season, but at least we’re ready for next year. The work included:

  • Oil change
  • Oil filter change
  • Front axle lube
  • Tire pressure check

Why am I making such a big deal out of this? Because I’m a writer and a photographer, not a mechanic and this is a domain into which I rarely venture.

So there.

No comments: