Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday stuff

I took perverse pleasure in the fact that my bank is open today.
Commerce trumps a federal holiday and a coronation.
I discovered over the weekend that there are antique rifles out there with as much firepower as the AR15 and the AK47, namely the .30 M1 carbine, which has been around since 1941.
It uses a 10-round or 30-round magazine and it has an effective combat range of about 300 yards.
While it lacks the punch of an AK47 and the injury potential of the AR15, it can throw lead as fast as you can pull the trigger, as this video demonstrates. It gets really interesting around the 12:08 mark.
Maybe I need one of these instead of an AR or an AK.
This is the weapon I used to qualify as an expert marksman during my oh-so-brief career in the U.S. Air Force, so I have some passing familiarity with it.

No comments: