Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Got it covered

bikecover

I’ve had the Nelson Rigg Deluxe All-Season Motorcycle Cover in my Amazon.com wish list for several months.

I’ve never carried a cover on trips because I didn’t want to give up the luggage space. But a cover has begun to make more sense to me as I accumulate more gadgetry (GPS, solar panel tankbag, etc.) that I don’t want to have to strip off of the bike every night at a motel or campground.

The XXL cover that fits my 2003 BMW K1200GT runs around $50, but MotorcycleGear.com emailed me this morning a list of sale items that includes the cover at $24.99, plus $13 and change for shipping. So I pulled the trigger.

Here are the specs:

  • Made from a water resistant light weight UV-treated Tri-Max® Polyester
  • “24-7” Ventilation system minimizes condensation build-up and allows constant air circulation
  • Snug elastic bottom with One-inch grommets at center and front wheel
  • Soft windshield liner helps protect against scratching and hazing
  • Storage pouch included
  • Nelson Rigg’s Two year no hassle warranty
  • Available in Black/Silver (MC-904) and Navy/Silver (MC-902)

I got the Navy/Silver which should go well with my blue bike.

No comments: