Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One more for the motorcycle rally pin collection

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I pre-registered for last year’s BMW Motorcycle Owners of America national rally at Bloomsburg, Pa., but had to skip it when Maria developed serious back problems. (I count myself lucky, since those who went had to suffer through a murderous heat wave.)

But not going to the rally meant I wasn’t there to claim my patch and pin. I’m not all that keen on patches, but I really wanted the pin for my collection.

I contacted the MOA earlier this month to see if I could buy one and Rhonda Glasgow of the MOA Country Store said she’d send me one gratis – well, almost gratis, since I already paid for it with my registration. It was waiting in my post office box when I returned from the European Riders Rally on Sunday.

Thanks, Rhonda!

No comments: