Thursday, April 19, 2012

The elusive free lunch

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The weather this morning was perfect for running errands on a motorcycle – high 60s, low 70s and a cloudless sky – so I rode the K75S in to town.

I dropped some papers off at Maria’s office and our chiropractor’s office and got some new heartworm meds for Pete in the wake of Tuesday night’s bad reaction to Advantage Multi for Dogs. We hope the new stuff won’t put him into seizures.

I stopped at the post office on my way into town. Before getting back onto the road, I cleaned my visor and noted I was almost out of Honda Spray Cleaner & hondaspraycleanerPolish. I have a nearly full can in the left saddlebag of the K1200GT, but the K75S can was nearly empty. So I put a stop at the Honda shop on my agenda.

(I discovered Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish several years ago when a BMW friend took a job at a new Honda dealership in Noblesville, Ind. It’s an excellent product for cleaning visors and detailing bikes and it’s only 6 bucks and change for a can.)

Riding down Parker Road, I found myself wondering what to do about lunch. Should I look for something cheap in town or should I save money and probe the fridge at home for something to eat? I realized my problem was solved when I pulled into the Honda parking lot. A local radio station group was there to help promote the Victory demo rides by serving free hot dogs, chips and drinks.

A hot dog, bag of Cheetos and bottle of water later, I considered myself fed and headed for home.

And, no, I didn’t take a Victory for a demo ride. I still think they look like something Willie G. Davidson would design if he dropped acid.

No comments: