Friday, April 06, 2012

Big Sur *Sigh*

me big sur

I’m hearing the siren call of the road these days, but I have to content myself with revisiting past adventures until I can clear my calendar and indulge my craving for motorcycle travel.

This is me on the morning of July 22, 2004, savoring the sights and smells of California Highway 1 south of Nepenthe in Big Sur. The photo was shot by Wayne Garrison’s wife Peggy as I led them down my favorite road.

We connected at the BMWMOA Rally in Spokane a few days earlier – me riding from Indiana by way of Tim and Linda Balough’s place in Alma, Colo., and the Garrisons from Indiana by way of Alaska.

We spent the night at the unusually luxurious Motel 6 in San Simeon, parting company in the morning. They were heading to New Orleans and I had plans to visit my son Sean in Portland, Ore. That is, until I got rear-ended by a doofus at a construction site west of I-5.

You can read the rest of that story here.

No comments: